Monday, October 16, 2006

While the wife is away...

I thought I'd post some pictures from my latest adventure. What am I doing cruzin around in an '07 Mustang? The Lord is good! A buddy of mine was heading up to PA for a block course in his doctoral program. Seeing I was home bachin' it, I was at Starbucks this past Saturday afternoon reading up on Barth when he called me. It just so happened that he was picking up a rental care for the trip from VA to PA (and a sweet choice it was as you can see below), but he was in a fix. His card was being declined, his cell phone was about to die and he just called home and apparently his wife was sleeping. He asked if I could come bail him out with a credit card or a ride. While I admit, somewhere deep down inside, I wanted to keep sipping my java and enjoying my book, I know he would have done the same for me, and I know it's would honor the Lord. So I packed up and headed for the airport for the second time in 24 hours (after dropping off my beloved bride just the night before). When I got there, we put the car on my card (and he reimbursed me with cash) and headed out to the lot. However, being that the pony car was on my card, I was listed as the primary driver. He asked if I wanted to drive it back to his place and needless to say he didn't have to ask twice. He also didn't see my tailights again until he pulled into his driveway 20 minutes later! I couldn't end the afternoon without at least a few pics for proof which I've included below.
Yes, the dent was there when we picked it up...

If you're not convinced and simply think we staged the pictures in the driveway, let me know and I'd be happy to provide you with at least three intersections between Norfolk and Va Beach ladden with rubber as proof :-0 When the wife's away, the boys will play :-) Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi Babe,
The pictures look great!! I wish that I could have been there to go for a ride!! Only one more day to go!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nate, What a sweet ride! Wish you were here! Love, Mom

Nate Mihelis said...

Fitzy,

I'm in TOTAl agreement, but beggars can't be choosers :-)

Nate Mihelis said...

I'm glad to share, but it is great to have them back. I too am looking forward to the holidays!