Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sometimes love hurts too much!

Friday night Nate and I were able to go out on a date and see a movie; Julie was kind enough to watch Noah for us (he ended up crying most of the time for her so we owe Julie big time). When we came back from the movie I drove Julie home while Nate stayed with our sleeping beauty. When I came in the door Nate had Noah on sleeping on his shoulder and motioned for me to come close to listen to the baby breathing. When I heard the abnormal sounds my son was making my heart dropped into my stomach; this was not something we could ignore. I called the on call number our doctor's office has and described to the nurse the sounds Noah was making; her advice was to bring him into the ER considering how young he is. This again made my heart sink; I was hoping somewhere in the back of my mind that the nurse would say everything seemed ok and to put Noah back to sleep. At 10pm Nate, Noah, and I got in the car and drove to The Children's Hospital; Nate and I prayed together on the way and I know that I continued praying the whole drive (as I am sure Nate did as well). To make a long story short the doctor was not sure what had happened that night but Noah is in good health and we were able to take him home.
Throughout this whole experience the Lord continued to remind me that He was in control and that He loves Noah much more then Nate or I ever could. I had to keep telling myself the truths about God's character every time I held Noah and began to worry. I must admit that this experience made me question if I wanted any more children (one more person to love and worry about did not seem like a good idea at the time). We have so much to praise God for and I am so grateful that He cares about our concerns. I know that if I did not have His promises to lean on I would have been crying the whole time we were at the hospital and I would not be able to get any sleep when Noah is sleeping.
The hospital had this toy attached to the wall and Noah liked playing with it at 1:30 in the morning!


 Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

S said...

I know the feeling exactly. I don't know how mom's do it who don't know the Lord who has everything in control. We're thankful that everything turned out okay!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kids, God is so good, I am thankful that Noah is OK and that he has such loving and attentive parents. Love, Mom/Nana :-)

LMLogan said...

oh we prayed for you guys - glad everything's ok - sounded like he hyperventilated but God is so good in his safety and security over our loved ones!! :)

jeileenbaylor said...

Dawn... you make me want to cry! Thanks for letting us know so that we could pray. We love you ALL :o)
Soooo glad that he is ok!

Karis said...

Dawn, I'm so glad you were able to have peace during this time. I know the feeling of things being beyond my control with my child. We set our babies up for safety whether it's through putting a gate in front of the stairs or training them not to touch things or researching numerous topics; but ultimately, only God knows ahead of time what they will face and what the outcome will be. I am so glad Noah is doing well -- you guys are great parents!

Karis

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad my little cousin is ok and Im glad that you are ok too,
i'm sure you both were very nervous:)!
I love you.
~Caitlyn