Sunday, June 08, 2008

The Name

Well, after many hours of looking through the baby name book, talking to friends, and Nate and I throwing names out to each other we have finally decided that our little bundle of joy is going to be named Sophia Ann Mihelis. I thought that naming a girl would be so much easier than naming a boy since we had a girls name picked out when we were pregnant with Noah (Sophia) but then when we found out we were having a girl we (mainly me) could not commit to Sophia. I still liked the name but I found out that it was the most popular name for girls in 2006 and ever since then I didn't want to use it, but every other name we tried just did not seem to fit. I would love a name for about twenty-four hours and then I would hate it; poor Nate did not know what to do with me! Finally I told him that he needed to decide because I was not able to find any name I really loved; he called me from work a few days later and said that he thought she should be called Sophia. There are still moments when I think I might like a different name but we are committed to it!
Her middle name Ann is in honor of both Nate's and my mom; Nate's mom's name is Ann and my mom's middle name is Ann both spell it without an e so that was easy!

6 comments:

jeileenbaylor said...

I love it ! I think it is a beautiful name :o)

Katie Barker said...

It will be perfect! I can't wait to see this beautiful Sophia! All the pictures below were great too!

Nate, Kris, Adrianna and Natalie said...

I'm so glad you're back with lots of pictures! I love your girl name - it's beautiful. Nate and I are having the same predicament with a girl name this time. Noah is getting so big! Have you started any kind of potty training yet? We have one that Adrianna plays with, but I haven't done anything serious yet. Are you nervous about having TWO little ones around? I do know my life is going to change drastically, but it's still so fun. Can't wait to catch up with you! Wish we were closer!

Kristin said...

I love it! Glad you guys decided on it.

Karis said...

So the decision has been made. By the time she gets here, you will have called her Sophia so many times that Sophia will fit her perfectly. I like Nate's choice.

I can't believe you're already 30 weeks!

LMLogan said...

oh it's beautiful!! so so nice!! i love it!! :) hope you're feeling good! miss you much!!