Saturday, November 25, 2006

I Need Your Help!!!

Calling all bloggers (and commenters of blogs...particularly on this one). My wife has it in her head to cut her hair. Now the last few months have been filled with people commenting on how awesome her hair looks. Further, the comment sections over several of the previous posts have indicated that still more people think her hair looks great. Last...and probably least...as her husband, I think it looks fantastic. Nevertheless, she still wants to cut it. She claims it will keep Noah from grabbing on to her hair as much (though I advised it would have to be as short as mine to accomplish such a feat). Bottom line is she's just making excuses :-)

Here's your chance to weigh in on the matter. I want as many people as read this blog (even those of you who lurk in the shadows and neglect to post comments normally) to sound off in the comment section. NOW...let me clarify the issue: I am not asking whether or not she should have the right to cut it or whatever you think would make her happy. I want you to honestly post YOUR OWN opinion of what you think of her hair. Yes, this is an incredibly shallow post, probably my worst ever, but I will not be dissuaded. Ok...Dawn said I'm desperate. But please, none of the "Oh she should do whatever makes her happy" stuff. I need you to grow a pair (metaphorically speaking of course) and post YOUR OPINION. Girls AND GUYS -- young and old, regular commenters and shadow lurkers....come one and all and help me out! If you don't know what she looks like, refer to the last two posts for the latest pics.

**Postscript** Let me be clear: ultimately your opinion doesn't matter, particularly if you disagree with me. So what have you got to lose? :-)

12 comments:

lesjoycemilton said...

Well since no one else has dared to responed to your question Nate regarding Dawn's hair as her mother I will make the first comment. I like Dawn's hair long however about 1 and 1/2 ins shorter. I know I am only her mother and the huband wins, with that said Dawn looks like you keep your hair longer. Love Mom

The Two of Us said...

Well, you probably don't remember me from Northland, but I ran across your post and felt inspired to comment. I think her hair looks awesome long. I like the curls, however, she should do what she wants. :)

Anonymous said...

Son, as long as Noah doesn't get confused, an inch or two shouldn't matter. Of course if she's going to look like "G.I. Jane" I'm concerned.
Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

ok, I admit I like your hair long Dawn - but really only if it's curly.
and if you cut it - not too short - remember the last time you had that horrible cut!? :)
and if you compromise maybe a 1/2 inch but not too much??

I'll look forward to seeing what you both choose!! :)

Stacy Potts said...

Stacy says: Don't do it, Dawn.

Jamie says: Do it, Dawn.

Nathaniel and Hannah agree with their father (of course).

3 out 4 wins . . . Don't cut it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Son, I agree, she looks awesome with her hair long! But she always looks great! Love, Mom :-)

S said...

This is hilarious considering I just ran into Dawn (before this post) and told her I loved it long, and she filled me in on her feelings about it. I can attest to the fact that long hair is time-consuming and painful when pulled by little hands. Seriously though, it looks great.

jeileenbaylor said...

I think her hair looks gorgeous long and curly right now.... but I do understand going through that stage of really wanting to cut your hair. It just makes you feel better!

Anonymous said...

I like it long, but you could go get a trim and ask for a few layers, keeping the same basic length - as a compromise! The layers might help your curl stay in longer

juliechall said...

Well, I have this ongoing discussion with Rob about cutting my hair so I know the feeling....I have also been guilty of telling Dawn how nice her hair looks recently - especially curly, sooooo I have to say that maybe just an inch or two as a compromise like everyone else says - of course in the end, hair always grows back, so if you really want to do it, go ahead....and I think I will too. Sorry Nate, I'm not much help!

robertlhall said...

don't listen to my wife. I'm with Nate and I share his struggle. Don't cut the hair

Dawn said...

I want to thank you all for sharing your opinions on the matter of my hair. I was sitting next to Nate when he was typing out the post and I just had to laugh. I do want to cut my hair but since Nate feels so strongly about it(strong enough to blog about it :-)) I have decided to hold off on cutting it (at least for a little while). I do have an appointment on Saturday at the hairdressers so maybe a trim will get rid of the itch.
Thanks again everyone!!!!